As a clinical psychologist I have trained in a number of therapeutic approaches and can tailor therapy to suit you. The therapeutic models I use most extensively are:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Solution focused brief therapy (SFBT)
- Behavioural therapy (BT)
- Positive behaviour support (PBS)
What issues can I help with?
- Anxiety, panic and worry
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Depression and low mood
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Low self-esteem and self-confidence
- Managing pain and disability
- Parenting issues and children who present with challenging behaviour
- Other psychological issues: please contact me for an informal discussion. If I do not feel that I have the relevant expertise to support you, I will endeavour to direct you to a suitable service or practitioner.
Working with adults
I can offer specialist psychological assessments and therapy to adults, working from a range of therapeutic models dependent on the needs and preferences of the client.
Working with children and families
I have worked with children and young people in a range of settings, including schools, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), fostering and adoption, and neurodevelopmental services.
Depending on the needs of the child and their family, I work directly with children and young people, or indirectly by working with parents to support their child (or a combination of both, as required).
I have considerable experience of undertaking specialist assessment of learning difficulties and intellectual disability for both children and adults. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Professional Registration and Qualifications
- British Psychological Society (BPS) Chartered membership
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Practitioner Psychologist (registration no PYL28158)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) – University of East Anglia
- Post-graduate Diploma in Psychological Research Methods
- BSc Psychology (1st Class Honours) Degree